Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Angels Fall - Character Bio - Kay

Told you I'd post another one lol. This one is for my Hearth Spirit, Kay (Name subject to change) I think Kay has had ever name possible thus far but this one is sticking... maybe.

--
Kay - Lady of the Hearth.
Kay and Silvana were born just two years apart and could not have been more different. Silvana held grace and beauty befitting a nature spirit, while Kay arrived with a ruddy and more homely look; suiting her role as a Hearth spirit.
Whereas Silvana was thrilled to marry Silas, Kay found herself reluctantly engaged and married to Aden the fire Lord. She did not agree with his love of war and his lack of understanding of home life drove her insane. They clashed from day one but somehow managed to make it work. All four of them were assigned to Earth at the same time, much to the sisters' delight.
Kay found earth to be a beautiful place and threw herself into any and all tasks given to her. When Kieran turned from the Maker, Kay did her best to handle the loss of some of her best friends to his darkness. She mourned them deeply and hated the fact that Aden was unable to understand her loss.
It was during that period of loss that she began spending many hours in the library of Master Vayu, the Master of wind.  Vayu was everything that Aden was not; he was kind and thoughtful, insisting that she take her tea with him in his study - and allowing her to remain there when she decided that the fire in his study was the best in all the tower.
What Kay failed to realize, seeing as she tought of Vayu as a much older man, was that the wind spirit was beginning to fall for her. His love of her was not lost on Silvana who would become the piece of puzzle that connect the two.

--
As I said in my last character bio - Nen is the embodiment of a cheating husband. Kay is the cheating wife in this story. As much as I love Kay, she is one of my favorite characters, I hate what she does to Aden. Here is a man that is trying to show her how much he loves her and she just keeps seeing the negative parts of their relationship.
Vayu is also a difficult character for me to like, while he is charming and absolutely yummy... he come off as a slimeball inside my head. I wont ever agree with cheating on your partner, nope, but Vayu is the type of man that makes it seem okay; even going as far as to try and make Kay his wife after... certain things happen in storyland.

Well, I'll stop now before I give too much away... actually, you know what... :) Let me post a snip of story for you! <--At this time I have no readers so I feel like I'm talking to myself lol

--
Angels Fall - Kay and Vayu meeting - Chapter 1 Draft -

Kay stretched her legs out and tilted her head back, the ends of her red hair falling into the water, which rippled. “I don’t know.” She admitted. “I just don’t feel like it is the right time, that’s all.”

“Or perhaps it is that Aden is not the right man?” Silvana said slyly. “I see the looks that Master Vayu gives when you two are walking together in the morning.”

“Master Vayu is a dear friend,” Kay chided, “I am loyal to Aden and you better damn well respect that, sister.”

“Calm yourself, I only speak jokingly with you.” Silvana patted Kay’s arm as she rose to her feet. “But I do say that you protest too much when it comes to our wind lord.”

Kay watched as Silvana walked away, vanishing behind some of the overgrown rosebushes. She leaned forward and rested her hands on her knees, staring off into the distance until she became aware of another’s presence within the garden. She looked up at the tall wind spirit and Keeper of lore within the Tower Proper.

Vayu was well respected by all; perhaps it was not so much of a surprise that Kay had begun to grow fond of him. She was a hearth spirit, a creature of comfort and care. She loved Vayu’s vast library and warm fires. She loved to curl up in the oversized chairs and read for hours on end. It seemed to her that Vayu did not mind the company. He was one of the elder spirits of their order; his mate had returned to the Maker’s side long before Kay had been placed on this world. She liked to think that her presence was welcome at his side; far more than it had been at Aden’s during the past few months.

Aden was the Fire Lord, a fierce man who never did things half asked. If he set his mind on something it would be his main focus until the task was done. At the moment he was focused at finding Kieran’s base of operations. The Void Lord had taken some of Aden’s most prized objects and destroyed them, that was not something a Lord of Fire easily forgave or forgot.

Vayu was kind to her; he treated her with respect and asked her opinion on the little matters that she was best equipped to deal with. As she gazed up at him she couldn’t help but think on her sister’s words. Vayu would be an amazing father, he would be kind and wise; raising a child who didn’t rush headlong into trouble but thought his way through things. She reached her hand out to him and smiled. “Sit with me a moment, Vayu, I miss your company.”

“And my company misses you, dear.” Vayu lowered himself down beside her and smiled. “What have you been doing out here all day, dear one?” he wondered.

“My sister called me out to speak with her,” Kay explained, barely containing the excitement from her voice. “You must keep this a secret, which I know you will. Silvana’s expecting!” she burst into giggles, leaning against him as she gazed happily up at the sky. “I am almost jealous with how blessed she is.”

“Does Lord Aden not desire children?” Vayu wondered.

Kay pushed herself away from him and sighed sadly. “It’s not that… Aden would try for a child if I asked…” she looked down at her hands. “But…”

“But…”

“But I wonder what sort of father Aden would be to a child.” Kay said in a rush. She looked up at Vayu and let her doubts show on her face. “I don’t want a child who will rush into trouble without thought, I don’t want to mourn my child’s death because he or she was too much like Aden!”

Vayu cupped her face in his hands and whispered soothingly to her. “Calm yourself there is no need to over react like this. Aden is a good man, he may not always be wise but he would not teach such habits to his child. I am sure he feels the same as you do about having a wise child.”

“Vayu, you give that man too much credit. Aden cares about warfare and battles. He does not care for nor understand matters of the home like I do…” she didn’t add that she thought Vayu understood them far more than her idiot of a husband.

Vayu cocked his head to the side. “Why tell me this?” he wondered, sounding saddened. “You tempt me far too much with these words of yours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment