Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day

Well, Father's day is tomorrow and it always leaves me facepalming because I can't help feeling like it sneaks up on me. I work at Walmart so I know this isn't true, I've known about it for weeks (hello, the cards were put out right after Mother's day) I guess the real issue is the big difference between Mom and Dad.
For me, my mom has always been there for me through thick and thin. She's totally my favorite parent and I'm glad she's my mom. Dad on the other hand never felt like more of a dad to me... he was always coaching soccer teams and things of that nature when I was growing up. I hated sports with a passion so Dad and I never saw eye to eye; plus he always made me feel like I was a bit of a let down.
When I started writing I was happy I could do something that nobody else around me could. I thrilled that I could create these stories, craft them into readable works, and just enjoy something that I worked my ass off to create. Dad never saw it like that. To him it was always a waste of time.

So father's day has never had as much meaning for me as Mother's day. I'll get him a card when I go to work tonight but... honestly I'm just not that excited about it. I work all day tomorrow so I wont see him until the evening anyway... :(
I'm a bit depressed now... I think I'm going to go and find something to make me laugh/smile. I'm hooked on Unfriendable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment