Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Interesting customers and nightly news

You know, I meant to write about this right after it happened but I just started the rewrite on Eden and am so thrilled with that that everything else simply slipped my mind :)
This happened last week and was probably the creepiest moment in all of my cashiering life thus far. It was a slow night because of the rain and I was on a belt along with two other cashiers (one girl and one guy) we were joking around when two customers chose my lane and I signed in to ring them out.
Both of them are wearing skinning t-shirts (the type hunters wear or whatever) and buying some of the weirdest items I've ever seen (Bleach, towels, skinning knife, big black trash-bags, hangers, and bullets). I didn't think much about the items until I finished ringing them up and the couple stood there in a daze chatting with me as I tried to get the guy to pay for the order and leave me alone. The conversation had the cashiers' around me standing there with their mouths hanging open.
Male Customer: Your skin, it's so beautiful.
Female: Oh, so pale, how did you get it so pale?
Me: Uh... I'm Irish.
Female: Irish and what?
Me: Scot
Male: Isn't that the same thing?
Me: Don't tell a scot that. :D
Female: *Looks at male* That's the type of skin I want
Male: :) I told you we'd get it
Me: Uh... your total is... um... on... the screen. *Getting nervous*
Female: But she is perfect! *pointing at me* What time do you get off work.
Me: *Lying* 2am
Male: *Looks at female* fine.. later... *pays for the order* It was a pleasure doing business with you! :D
Me: Same... have a goodnight
Female: See you later Ms. Irish!

I was so fucking freaked by them that I made my dad come into the store to get me when it finally came time for me to leave. I kept thinking "OMG, these freaks are going to kidnap me and do horrible, horrible things to me!"
I'm still wondering exactly what the hell that was all about. But I haven't seen them since and hopefully never will again!

So, at the moment I'm enjoying my day off, getting ready to write Chapter three of Eden (I'm doing short chapters because they're easier to handle with my random, messed up life) and making a German Chocolate Cake :) But while I was really looking forward to it earlier that kind of changed after I took some Emergen-C (a cold med that is supposed to help you fight a cold) I don't think I'm sick right now but I've been feeling a little worn down so it can't help to take it and hope for the best, yeah?

Anyway, I'll post chapters 1-2 on here for Eden later :)
Nighty night

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that's creepy. Those two sound like they belong in a horror movie or something.

    I can only imagine what I would do if someone was saying they want my skin. lol

    ReplyDelete