Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Worst customer of the year goes to:

The random Jack wagon that came through last night. Okay, I know I am not skinny, but I'm proud to say I have LOST ten pounds since my last doctor's visit. This jackass comes through last night, first thing out of his mouth "Been drinking a lot of beer lately, or are you pregnant?"
I was absolutely speechless. My mouth dropped open and I could only stare at him before looking away and mumbling "No," and trying to hold my temper as I rung up his order.
He was a complete dick through the whole thing, but tried to wish me a goodnight when he was leaving. I think he got the picture when I threw his bag into his cart (he couldn't load his own bags either). I didn't speak to him after saying No. I didn't look at him, didn't do anything for fear I was going to go the fuck off on him and lose my job. Screaming at a paying customer in the middle of Walmart might look pretty damn bad.
I get a fucking shit load of brownie points for playing nice. I AM NOT a nice person, and I swear if I see him again you'll be seeing my post after getting fired for walking away from the register. I'll do it, too; I swear to God I will walk away next time someone pulls that bullshit card on me.
He had no reason to be cruel to me, I did nothing wrong to him for him to act that way toward me.
I already have enough self image problems without doubting myself even more. I know I'm losing weight but what he said was like dropping a huge rock on me. I already paid my due with an eating disorder... People like him make me remember why I had problems before; because to be perfect in this world you have to be skinny... or at least that's what my demons whisper to me after nights like last.
I'm so fucking tired of this place. I'm tired that the managers don't stand up for the cashiers, that we constantly have to deal with bullshit people day in and day out... I don't think I'm going to last there much longer. I'm just so tired of people.
I just don't know what to do anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I would have refused to ring him up and told him to get out. But then again, I work at my family's business and don't have to worry about getting fired.

    But I just don't know if I could have not said anything to the douche.

    You aren't alone though, I get comments ALL the time about what I'm wearing or how I look.

    ReplyDelete